Full time | 39 hours
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the incumbent is responsible for the smooth running of plant operations from a technical point of view, as well as for improving productivity through process optimization.
- Actively participate in continuous improvementprojects to optimize production and reduce costs.
- Act as resource personnel in the event oftechnical problems related to manufacturing operations.
- Develop and optimize production equipment usingstate-of-the-art technologies, in order to improve efficiency.
- Modify equipment to comply with Machine Safetystandards.
- Participate in the analysis and deployment ofplant layout projects.
- Determine optimal methods, while reducingnon-value-added activities.
- Carry out internal audits to ensure theapplication and monitoring of quality standards for finished products,processes and work procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to the Purchasing and Quality departments in the selection and introduction of purchased components.
- Develop technical documentation related toexisting products, processes and equipment.
- Participate in the introduction of new products for the definition of manufacturing methods, the implementation of newequipment and tooling, as well as implementation of final production.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering orcollege diploma in mechanical engineering with solid experience in a manufacturingenvironment
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP-type manufacturingmanagement software - an asset
- Knowledge of the following processes (an asset):o metal formingo powder coatingo wood processo assembly processeso automationand robotics
- Knowledge of CAD SolidWorks or other 3D software
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work in a team
- Organizational skills
- Effective project planning, management andorganization
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Autonomy and thoroughness